All about Airbnb in Cancun
If you are looking for accommodation options in Cancun but don't want to stay in a hotel, Airbnb is the answer. In this article, you will learn all about this popular platform and how to use it to enjoy a great vacation in Cancun.
What is it?
Airbnb is an online platform used to publish, advertise and book lodging cheaply in more than 190 countries. It is an intermediary between those who own a space and those looking for a place to stay. Currently, in Cancun, this is one of the most used ways to get accommodation, especially for young travelers, due to its ease of booking and affordable rates. In this destination, you can find more than 1,000 Airbnb accommodations for all types of travelers.
Creating an Airbnb account is free and more straightforward than you think. You only need to download the application from your cell phone or enter the Airbnb website from your computer and fill out the necessary information. When you enter your account, you will have to search for accommodation according to your needs as a traveler through the filters; finally, you just have to choose the space you like, read the information about it and make the payment online. If you have any doubt about the accommodation, you will have the opportunity to contact the owner to solve it.
Booking your accommodation with the Airbnb service in Cancun offers you several benefits, such as:
- Saving on your travel budget thanks to affordable rates.
- Freedom to feel at home.
- Meet new people in the surroundings and live a unique experience.
- Variety of prices and accommodations.
On Airbnb, you will find all kinds of accommodations; among the most prominent in Cancun are whole houses, which are fully equipped and are recommended for large groups. On the other side are the beachfront studios, usually located in the Cancun Hotel Zone, and have a beautiful view of the Caribbean waters.
You can also find entire suites and penthouses for smaller groups looking for smaller but well-equipped spaces.
Airbnb Cancun prices depend on the area you are staying in and the features you are looking for in your accommodation. When you search, you can use the filters to set the maximum price you are willing to pay.
You can get fully equipped accommodations starting from $20 USD per night. Also, if you are traveling in a group, the bill can be divided among all the travelers by getting a larger space, which will help you save a few dollars.
Where to rent an Airbnb Cancun?
To rent an Airbnb in Cancun, you will need to choose the area of your preference. To do this, you should consider the places you plan to visit in your itinerary. This way, you can select an accommodation close to all of them and consider your arrival times.
Cancun Downtown is considered a busy area and home to hundreds of businesses of all kinds, from restaurants, craft stores, bars, and much more. This destination is also famous for being the soul of Cancun's nightlife, thanks to its diverse nightclubs.
- Distance from Cancun Airport to Cancun Downtown: 27 min (18.1 km).
- Most popular places to visit in Cancun Downtown: Playa Delfines, Playa Tortugas, Cancun Planetarium, Las Palapas Park.
Cancun Hotel Zone
The Cancun Hotel Zone is ideal for those looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and relax close to nature on the shores of the Caribbean. Airbnb has accommodations with beautiful views of the Nichupte Lagoon or the Caribbean Sea. In the Cancun Hotel Zone, you will find nearby shopping malls, beaches, water activities tours, restaurants, and much more.
- Distance from Cancun Airport to Cancun Hotel Zone: 37 min (27.4 km).
- Most popular places to visit in the Cancun Hotel Zone: Cancun Underwater Museum of Art, La Isla Cancun Paradise Experience, Plaza Kukulcan.
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen is the heart of the Riviera Maya, with beautiful beaches and the famous Fifth Avenue, where you can find all kinds of entertainment. Playa del Carmen also has a wide range of water activities for the whole family. With an Airbnb Playa del Carmen, you will have easy access to various sites thanks to its privileged location.
- Distance from Cancun Airport to Playa del Carmen: 52 min (55.4 km).
- Most popular places to visit in Playa del Carmen: Fifth Avenue, Parque Los Fundadores, Playa Punta Esmeralda.
Tulum is home to beautiful tropical landscapes with incredible turquoise waters and an atmosphere of total relaxation. Away from the busy city life, this paradise is ideal for a vacation full of tranquility. Airbnb Tulum has accommodations with all the necessary amenities for you to enjoy your stay; among the most popular rental spaces are Otoch Tulum and Casa Lupita.
- Distance from Cancun Airport to Tulum: 1 h 31 min (118.0 km).
- Popular places to visit in Tulum: Cenotes Dos Ojos, Tulum Archaeological Zone, Gran Cenote, Cenotes Casa Tortuga Tulum.
How to get to your Airbnb from Cancun Airport?
Discover the best transportation methods to get to your Airbnb Cancun from Cancun Airport.
- Cancun Car Rental. Booking a Car Rental in Cancun is the most recommended option to get from Cancun Airport to your Airbnb. This service offers freedom, speed, total privacy during your trip, and enough space for your luggage. Manage your time as you wish without limitations. Certified and quality agencies such as City Car Rental have vehicles starting from $29 USD per day.
- Cancun Taxi. Hiring a Cancun Taxi Cancun will help you get to your Airbnb from Cancun Airport quickly, plus it will give you privacy and enough space for your luggage. However, you should be careful with this type of service, as it usually has extremely high rates, exceeding up to $50 USD per trip, due to its lack of price regulation. Also, keep in mind that only airport cabs are allowed at Cancun Airport.
- ADO Bus. This is a comfortable and safe service, but above all with the most affordable prices, with an average cost of $10 USD per person. However, it has some disadvantages, such as lack of privacy, limited luggage space, and long waiting times due to delays caused by other passengers. In addition, you should know that ADO buses only have routes to Cancun Centro, Playa del Carmen, and Tulum; If your Airbnb is located in the Hotel Zone, you will have to choose a second transportation service, which could affect your travel budget.