Visit Xel-Ha in Cancun
If you haven't visited Xel-Ha yet, don't think twice and start planning your visit to this spectacular tourist site. Xel-Ha is one of the most acclaimed adventure and ecotourism parks in Cancun and throughout Mexico. It is part of the Xcaret Group and is visited by more than 750 thousand people annually. This park has 70 hectares in which you can find wonderful attractions surrounded by adrenaline and nature.
Xel-Ha is home to a huge natural cove, as well as diverse species of flora and fauna. The park's name, "Xel-Ha" means "where the water is born" because several subway rivers converge here.
The park is undoubtedly one of the favorite parks for thousands of national and international tourists since it will surprise you with its nature and endless activities to do. It also has many amenities, such as a food area and restrooms, allowing you to live the adventure more comfortably.
Find in this post all the information you need to plan your next visit to Xel-Ha.
Where is Xel-Ha?
Xel-Ha is located just 40 minutes south of Playa del Carmen and approximately 1 and a half hours from Cancun.
Xel-Ha opening hours
Xel-Ha park's opening hours are Monday to Sunday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. These may vary depending on holidays.
Entrance to Xel-Ha
Xel-Ha park has different types of tickets with different prices:
- Xel-Ha All-Inclusive. This is the cheapest and most popular ticket; its price is $1,980 MXN (98 USD) per adult and $980 MXN (50 USD) per child.
- Xel-Ha Total. This ticket includes all the amenities of Xel-Há All Inclusive, plus the benefit of choosing one of the park's optional activities; its price is $2,684 MXN (133 USD) per adult and $1,848 (90 USD) per minor.
It is important to mention that children under 4 years old get in for free, while children from 5 to 11 years old only pay half the adult ticket price.
Transportation to Xel-Ha
First of all, you should know that Xel-Ha has its own tour, which offers transportation. However, most visitors want to save money and have more freedom during their visit, so they decide to get to the park independently.
Among the best options is Cancun Car Rental, which is quite common since it provides freedom and comfort to visit every corner of the area. There is also the option of hiring a Cancun Taxi service, which will take you quickly and directly to the park. However, this is usually an expensive alternative due to the high seasonal rates and lack of regulation.
If you want to save money during your trip, we recommend you get to Xel-Ha by ADO buses that leave from the Cancun and Playa del Carmen bus stations.
Activities in Xel-Ha
Xel-Ha Park radiates beauty thanks to its fantastic nature. In it, you will find a large creek where several subway rivers flow, as well as diverse species of flora and fauna, four different types of mangroves, and many ecosystems of relevance in the Mexican Caribbean.
Xel-Ha is characterized by its diverse activities full of adventure and adrenaline, such as snorkeling, mangrove tours, scuba diving, zip lines, and swimming in the coves, cenotes, and subway rivers. Other attractions also include:
- Bay of Caprices
- Stone of Courage
- Lighthouse viewpoint
- Pink snail sanctuary
- Trails through the jungle
- Garden with trees of the region
Xel Ha also has some activities that have an extra cost, such as: swimming with dolphins, sea trek, snuba, spa, zip-bike, and encounter with rays and manatees, among others.
Recommendations when visiting Xel-Ha
Visiting Xel-Ha is a unique experience; however, due to its enormous extension of just over 70 hectares, it is somewhat difficult to visit it in a single day. Therefore, here are some recommendations for you to enjoy your visit and make the most of it.
- Remember to buy your tickets in advance.
- Arrive early at the park, preferably before 8:30 am.
- Bring biodegradable sunscreen with you to avoid sunburn and protect the environment.
- Use the QR codes provided by the park and download all the information about the park, including the map. This will help you better locate attractions, restaurants, schedules, and other necessary information.
- Bring a change of clothes and shoes in case they get wet.
- Make a list of the main activities and attractions you want to do or visit; this way, you will save time and will be able to plan your route better.